PDA

View Full Version : Too setup or not to setup

Tadashi
02/23/2001, 09:51 PM
I finally ordered my new 155-gal starfire tank (thank for all the help ninong), skimmer, sump, etc, and retrofitted my stand to withstand a direct hit with a tactical nuke. I am contemplating setting up the new tank or waiting until my next move (duty station may be for 3 years).

I am in the military and may have to move in Nov 2002. I probably will not get all the equipment to setup the tank for another month. So it will only be up for about 1 yr and 7 months. I currently have a 55-gal that has been up for 5-months and doing great. I'd hate to rip it apart. But I do not know if I can stare at an empty tank for 2 years. What would you guys do?

Also, if I do have to move should I pull out the sandbed to move the tank? There would be close to 280 lbs of LS plus the tank weight.

moviegeek
02/24/2001, 02:37 AM
I feel for ya brother. I'm in a similar position. I don't think there is a right answer. You could wait, only to find 18 months from now that your plans have to be further delayed. Or, you could set up the tank next month, and any number of things could go wrong (although with you, they probably wouldn't).

Are you married/engaged? That seems to effect quite a few decisions by people in the same situation.

If you are single, have the spare $1,500 + in cash, and have the time to take care of your friends, I'd say set it up even if you only get to look at it for one year.