PDA

View Full Version : paranoid question

Rad
03/13/2003, 05:46 PM
I have a 90 deep with DSB up for about two years 440 VHOs all parameters pristine. I have some small corals and a pair of ocellaris. The only thing I have lost is a carpet diving chromis and a beautiful pink and green carpet anemone. To my question. The carpet died within 72 hours of being placed in the tank acclimated over 3 hours (about 6 months ago). I just bought a nice sebae and placed it in the tank yesterday along with a open brain and a small frag of pipe organ. Everything is fine except the anemone. I found him contracted lodged in a crack upside down (just like the first carpet. #1 Is this ok? #2 Should I leave him were he wants to be? #3 Am I missing something about anemones?
PS I placed him in a pvc cup under a small overhang. I have read they do not like as much light as other anemones? He is currently small and contracted and closed. Any suggestions.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/13/2003, 07:01 PM
ok, you probably are missing something about anemones but that will be up to you to do more reasearch. From the way i see it the could be a bunch of things wrong.
1. your water conditions could be inadequate. what are you water parameters?
2. you bought an injured anemone and it had little chance of surviving anyways
3. animals already existing in your tank are bothering/killing anemones.

you need to do some more research it looks like and make sure that the information is backed up. Sebae's require a lot of lighting and not less than any other hosting anemone. Your sebae being turned over and upside down is not a good sign which you already experienced with your other anemone. i would gently place it in a hole in the sand so that it my attach to the bottom and then try to feed it a little while later when it looks open. I'm not trying to flame you but it would have been more responsible to ask anemone questions before you bought it. Next time, if you do wish to get another one when you are prepared, get a bta.