PDA

View Full Version : H. crispa hiding with mouth protruding

kriskat
03/13/2003, 08:05 AM
Any idea what is going on here? I have an H. crispa that I rescued from an LFS about a year ago. In the begining it was tiny and bleached. It began to grom zoox within a week and has really thrived. It hosts a clarkii, has 2 110watty VHOs and a 250w 6500 MH over its 55 gal tank. All parameters in the tank are within normal limits and it eats regularly. For the past week I have noticed it has decreased in size, I know that anemones are capable of stretching and shrinking. Its mouth has alos been more visible and is now protruding. I read somewhere that they do this when they do an internal "water change". Does anyone care to give val;idity to this? Also, last night it crawled from its foot hold in the sand against teh front wall (been there since being added to the tank almost a year ago) to a spont under a rock and is totally out of the light. Whats up? Anyone care to offer some advice or reassurance? TIA, Kris

kriskat
03/13/2003, 05:09 PM
wow! How 'bout them typos?! Anyone care to wade through all that and offer some thoughts?