PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New here!

Proxymoron
03/12/2003, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone! I first wanted to say thank you for all of the wonderful information that has been posted in these forums! Last night when unpacking my Iwaki pump and noticing there was no plug, I just knew if I searched the forums I would find an answer! :D

My setup is a 100gal+ glass tank (60 x 18 3/4 x 23 3/4). I just added 80 lbs carbsea, 50 lbs of live sand and 100 lbs of Vanisi rock that I picked up from Jeff's yesterday. I must say they were wonderful over there. They let me hand pick the rock and helped with selection etc. For $2.25 a lb the rock is really nice (cleaning it wasn't :D).

I have to say, the downside of cycling your tank with live rock is now my house smells! I first thought one of the kids took a diaper and had hid it somewhere before realizing it was my tank. I don't think my husband noticed the smell this morning, or he thought it was the diapers he was taking out to the trash. Must remember to open the windows and air out the house WAY before he gets home.

This tank is my baby, although I have convinced him to help me build the sump ;)
The sump was to be built yesterday, but I cracked the container making the hole and my husband glued the wrong end of a pipe together (We are hoping these count toward the standard issued sump mistakes and we don't flood the living room :D).

Also for my setup I have an Iwaki 40LXT, a Southbay 6-1 skimmer, Wavemaster pro w/4 Maxijet 1200's, ebo heater, over the back overflow and 2 sets of the Aqualight 2 x 65 PC units. I know I will need more light when I start adding corals etc, but figured 230 watts was a good start (plus I don't plan to have them on during cycling).

This is a great site! I look forward to getting to know a lot of you and getting more great advice and help! Thanks for everything so far!

Dixie

griss
03/12/2003, 03:38 PM
Proxymoron,

[welcome]

Glad you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing pics of your tank.

Griss

wishmaster
03/12/2003, 04:29 PM
Everyones really helpful here and I personally couldn't have done it with out the information provided by reefcentral.
Welcome aboard!

Snookie
03/12/2003, 06:13 PM
Me too!

tleilaxu
03/12/2003, 06:42 PM
Hi, I agree everyone is very nice here and informative.

Cape Cod
03/12/2003, 07:03 PM
Just wish I found this spot before I spent money on the wrong equipment.

Every one is always so very helpful.

Good luck and enjoy.

Wally :rollface: