PDA

View Full Version : Clown In Trouble Again

x9typesh
03/12/2003, 01:19 AM
i recently bought another goldstripe maroon after my first one died. he seems healthy, but all he does is swim in a big circle around the rim of my tank. i have some live rocks, a toadstool, mushrooms, and some xenia but he doesn't seem to express any interest for any of it. it seems like he's looking for a way out. is this normal? he is eating regularly which is a good sign, but his behavior is beginning to alarm me.

jon

itbechill
03/12/2003, 01:27 AM
One thing that would help is getting him a anemone. That way he has a home and connection with your tank.
Matt

jacobdol
03/12/2003, 11:58 AM
normal behavior - he definitely wants out (wouldn't you .:D .) It is a part of an acclimation process. Give it a couple of days.
I hope you know why the first one died and made sure that it is not going to happen again.

x9typesh
03/12/2003, 02:10 PM
yah the first one died cuz i think he was sick...he wasn't eating or anything. and every morning he would be leaning against a rock. but at least he was swimming at the bottom and not top sleeping behind my hang-on overflow and outlets.

Elliot22288
03/13/2003, 02:04 AM
Ohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I KNOW what this is...............
He see's his reflecting in the glass.....hes just curious. If you had a brain smaller than a dust ball you would be curious two if you saw ur clone mimicing you. If you can find a mated pair or anenome im sure this will stop....not like he can help it:bounce3:

:::((((THIS IS MY THEORY))))):::