PDA

View Full Version : how long can they live without planting themselves?

chicki
03/11/2003, 07:02 PM
Posted about 10 days ago. My LTA won't attach itself. It still looks alive, but won't plant itself? how long can this go on without it dieing???
thanks

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/11/2003, 09:40 PM
If you've tried everything and it still looks good except that it's not buried then i'd just make sure that it's needs are met by feeding, lighting, all other water conditions until it has the stength to bury itself or decides to bury itself:D

barebottoms
03/11/2003, 09:46 PM
Have you tried the pvc trick? Get something like a 4" pvc/abs coupler (or any size bigger than the anemone) wedged in the sand and put your anemone in it?

When I read about the trick in the NGs, the person suggested with sand, and if that doesn't work, clear out the sand and see if they like the glass/acrylic bottom better.

Just repeating what I read. Flame on.

catinhat
03/12/2003, 01:14 PM
I rescued a green LTA that it's foot had been hurt. It wouldn't attach and I kept it alive for about 4.5 months till it died. It looked healthy and everything the whole time till it just turned to goo.

jacksonpt
03/12/2003, 02:10 PM
From my experience, if it won't anchor itself that's always a sign of bad health. It may live for up to 6 months, but that's only because of the extremely slow metabolism of anemones. If it's not planting it's foot, then there is probably a problem.