PDA

View Full Version : Saddle backs vs. Maroon

Addicted Reefer
03/11/2003, 01:29 PM
I found a pair of saddle backs that i really want. The maroon who is much larger might beat them up. I do have two anemones but they are right next to each other. I could put them in my 90 but there is no anemone and they are in one now. They may not need it but i think it will stress them out if i seperate them.Is this a bad idea? I know there not much different in body shape but the color difference is alot. Anyone have a clown compatibility chart?

jacobdol
03/11/2003, 01:56 PM
i think that ocellaris have the most mild temper. Paired maroons do not mix well with any other clowns. Why don't you transfer one of the anemones to the 90g and put your saddle backs in there.

Addicted Reefer
03/11/2003, 02:19 PM
hi jacobdol

Its the saddle backs that are a pair, the marron is by itself but she is pretty big. I want to transfer a anemone but look at my tank and imagine the anarchy it would cause trying to find a place it likes. To many stingers and to many corals.

:D

MarinaP
03/11/2003, 04:34 PM
Your saddlebacks will be fine without an anemone. Considering that two anemones are next to each other, your maroon probably sees them as one and HER home. Maroon will stress the saddlebacks more than absence of an anemone. I will never forget how my female maroon left her anemone on daily basis and travel 10 feet away from it, just to check on the pair of saddlebacks at the opposite end of the tank. She never hurt them, but it was a 375G tank.

Addicted Reefer
03/11/2003, 04:47 PM
MarinaP,

Now that you put it like that it makes since. The saddle backs can go in the 90 just to be safe.Wow a 375 must be something. You got some pics.