PDA

View Full Version : any good place for snowboarding?

fishnerd
03/10/2003, 07:39 PM
hello fellow reefers,

i know that there are many of us throughout this great land
but i want to know if you guys/girls know anywhere good for some snowboarding around where you live. i have been to just about every resort in california and just came back from whistlers/blackcomb in canada. i want to go to the east coast since you guys had that big storm. and if possible of the conditions of those resorts. thanks.

bryan

Wilafur
03/10/2003, 07:50 PM
hows the snow in tahoe right now? might head up in a few weeks?

fishnerd
03/10/2003, 07:56 PM
heavenly is great as always!!!!!

northstar is okay a little icey.....if you like that

ummmm boreal is boreal....... it was good on thursday
there was no one on the slopes so you can plow thru the
pipe all day.

sierra is okay just like northstar.

everything else is pretty small....but if you want to make a trip
heavenly is the only way to go.

how is big bear right now, im driving down for a fish run in 2 weeks maybe i can spare an extra day for some snow. i was there at the beginning of the season and it was good.

bryan

Wilafur
03/10/2003, 08:12 PM
dude, haven't been able to get myself away from work to explore the socal slopes. sorry.

thanks for the info. i was at northstar between xmas and new years and man that shiz was icey. it snowed big time the day i left. just my luck huh?

Kahuna Tuna
03/10/2003, 08:30 PM
Big Bear was awesome last week, some of the best So Cal snow in a long time. Saturday was still good but it's really warming up and these conditions wont last long. The good thing is we are supposed to get some freshies on thursday or friday, if we do the weekend will be awesome again. My favorite resort in the far west is still Mammoth, going in two weeks for a four dayer! Everything I have heard about the East this season is that it has been a bannr year and should be through the spring as well.

On a completely unrelated side note my daughter just won her first ski race this weekend! :D Whoo Hoo! Papa is proud!

Kimmy
03/11/2003, 02:57 AM
Mt Bachelor in Bend Oregon has awesome runs!! Kimmy

fishnerd
03/11/2003, 11:46 AM
congrats to your daughter kahuna

thats too bad emp...barely missed it. and yes there should be a storm this week and add a couple omore feet....woohoo!!!!

kimmy- oregon....uh......police officers don't like me there....well actually i dont like them.....but if your store is done would be willing to make a trip up there for you and the snow!!!

bryan

Beanie
03/13/2003, 09:49 AM
Bryan My store has been up and running since December and the snow is waiting for us!! I haven't skiied all year..been to busy with the store. Let me know when you're coming and what you want me to have in stock fish or coral wise and I'll track it down for you. I hand pick my fish and corals three times a week!! I have two Emperor Angels in stock right now that are to die for. I am having a new 265 gallon tank built for myself right now from my tank guy because I have a new obsession with Triggers. I love the Pink-tail Trigger!! Much prettier in person than in the books. I sell out of them every time I bring one in. You'll have to let me in on the Oregon cop story some time. I am actually very familiar with most of the locals from the cop shop as three of them are avid reefers and I live next door to one...keep in touch.. Kimmy