PDA

View Full Version : False Percs and Green BTA

Jamesurq
03/10/2003, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to ask a typical newbie question and hope that someone can give me an idea of the answer.

I've had 2 false percs (babies - tank raised) for about 2 months and on Saturday I got a Green BTA. I've posted a picture of another green BTA with a false perc in it on the side of the tank for inspiration.

Do you think they'll take to it?

catinhat
03/10/2003, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't count on it. My purple tang swims up and down the glass all puffed up seeing it's own reflection. I've waited for my false perc's to host something for a long tme. I guess they will just either get it one day or they won't. I finally got tired after a year of waiting and trapped them in a basket over the anemone and left them overnight. Seems to be the most progress so far. But they still haven't really hosted. But it was a last ditch effort before I traded them in on a smarter pair.

Jamesurq
03/10/2003, 11:48 PM
how small were your percs when you got them? I'm thinking mine as juveniles are possibly to young??

catinhat
03/11/2003, 12:06 AM
Mine were about an inch. I think it has more to do with the individual fish and it's instincts. Some seem to get it faster than others I guess. Mine just don't get it at all.