PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with their maxijet venturi?

CAT
02/21/2001, 09:47 AM
Getting very irritated with the venturi on my maxijet. I thought I'd get a better system switching the rio for the maxijet on my Bakpak. Not true - the tubing on the maxijet is clear and within a day of cleaning it I can see a mess of salt-creep plugging the thing up, within 2 days it's so clogged that the skimmer stops working. I used to clean the rio once a week, I have to clean the maxijet every 2 days :mad:

Anyone else having this problem?

CAT

Agu
02/21/2001, 10:19 AM
Not having that problem,but maybe a longer piece of tubing would help. It sounds like your venturi is sucking in moist salty air, and as it evaporates in the venturi it is depositing salt in the airline.
I have a problem with crud collecting on the intake screen of the maxi venturi. I see bubbles but nothing gets skimmed out. Have you checked and cleaned that part of the venturi?

fwiw,
Agu

CAT
02/22/2001, 07:13 AM
Hi Agu, I've cleaned the maxijet several times but it hasn't helped. I also get junk collecting in the screen. It seems that the tank water is backing up the airline tube and deposits the creep right where the tube connects to the maxijet. If I run the venturi wide open I don't get the tube clogging as quickly but then I can't get the bakpak chamber to fill with strong bubbling action either. Very frustrating.

I'm going to re-attach the rio with the clear tubing (the original tubing was black) to see if the it does the same thing.

CAT