PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have an allergic reaction?

cyclgrl
03/08/2003, 12:24 AM
to their anemones?

I thought just my carpet's sting was strong but a couple days back, my LTA's tentacles attached to my arm for a while (I was cleaning the tank). I finally felt a burning sensation; that's how I realized he was touching me.

Anyway, now I have bumps all over my arm where he touched me. Anyone else have the same reaction? How do you treat this "rash"?

TIA.

Flameangel
03/08/2003, 10:49 AM
I have never touched my carpet and I do not react to my rose anemones or other BTAs. However, I do get that reaction to LPS - frogspawn, hammers, torch corals. I just wash my hands and arms after I take them out of the tank and if I do get a rach I just use a little over-the-counter cream with contains a prednisone like product.

I have heard that some people can develop serious allergies to carpets and that once you start reacting or if you have a serious reaction you need to be very careful.

Good luck,
Connie

aj2001
03/08/2003, 11:35 AM
My GF gets the same thing whenever she has her arm near our lta.She can touch the lta w/ her hands w/o a problem, but if i passes by her arm, she gets a rash there for few days.

Aj
90 Gallon pic page (http://www.pbase.com/aj2001/90_gallon)

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/08/2003, 10:13 PM
aj2001,

NICE TANK

aj2001
03/08/2003, 10:45 PM
Thanx David

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/12/2003, 10:50 PM
one question, did you use epoxy or cable ties to put together your rock? i've never used anything but gravity and i'm starting to wonder if it looks better in different shapes not possible without things to hold them together.

aj2001
03/12/2003, 11:11 PM
David,
The big stack on the right is nothing but patience fitting pieces together. The small island on the left has two fiberglass rods holding 3 main chunks together w/ 4 others fit in. The two top pieces overhang alot, so there was no way just fit them. I was gonna try cable ties,even epoxied a small piece of plastic to the overflow for that very reason, but wanted something less visable. It was actualy quite easy to do,just used a long masonry drill bit.Fit the rods into the big rock on the bottom, and slide the others on it. And the rods are actually those reflector thingys that people put at the end of driveways.

Aj