PDA

View Full Version : Changing Anemones

Tim_Decker
03/07/2003, 02:07 PM
I was wondering what the result would be if I were to change my anemone. I have a GS Maroon Clown that lives in a Sabae. The Sabae is healty and quite large. I would like to change it for Rose (natural host). I will be changing to a larger tank in a few months I figured this would be the time to do it. Would it stress the clown to be with a different anemone? Would the clown take to the new anemone? All input would be greatly appreciated.

jacobdol
03/07/2003, 02:58 PM
you mean rose bta?
I would add another anemone at the same time and let your clown decide which one he likes better.
if it is not possible - yes it will be quite a stress for your clown. Imagine yourself not having a roof over your head :p
It also takes at least 12-24 hours for clownfish to adjust to a new anemone, once it makes up its mind, before it completely goes into it.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/08/2003, 10:07 PM
i wouldn't add 2 diff anemones to the same tank due to the chemical or tentacle-clashing war that might happen between the 2. Clowns are perfectly happy without anemones and are even more happy with one but it is not a necessity and will not overly stress your fish. dont worry about it. It would remove and sell the sebae if you dont want it anymore but why dont you want it?Leave the clown anemone-less while you transfer inbetween tanks and when your tank is mature and ready then put a rose bta in the new one.

jacobdol
03/09/2003, 02:22 AM
yeah, I have heard about chemical clashing but you know what I had two anemones in my tank before and they never clashed. As to clowns being happy without an anemone, you are right if they are tank raised and have never seen it, they will be fine. Unlike when they had one and all of a sudden it disappeared. My clowns got very stressed and they looked for it everywhere. I could tell by their "up and down" dance that they were stressed.