PDA

View Full Version : sebae anenome and light

AggMan
02/20/2001, 08:51 AM
ok, just got a "white" sebae from the store. Knew it was on last leg so they gave me a good deal. Just wanted to try recovery. Here is the thing. I know that it does not have photosynthesis capabilities yet, but what kind of lighting should I put it under? I currently have one of each:
6500k 96w PC
7100k blu 96 PC
PC 96w true actinic.

I will be taking delivery of a 250watt 5500k MH at the end of this week. So far the anenome opens fully at night when the lights are low, then closes somewhat during the daylight hours. So should I hold off on installing the 250watt MH, or just try acclimating it along with everything else in the tank?

Anenome status- looks better than when bought. Has eaten twice over the past week. Easts roughly once every two days(accepts food). I just want to make sure the MH addition will not shock it.

Thanks for any help.

Brad Ward
02/20/2001, 09:13 AM
That it is eating is the best sign IMO. The only light that you really have is the 67k. The blue and actinics are so low in lumens that they are almost worthless as far as photosynthesis goes. As long as it keeps eating and the food stays down, it should recover from the stresses of capture/shipping. Too much light is the last thing I would worry about. Stick it right under that new 250 watt as soon as you get it.

hth, and good luck,

Brad

AggMan
02/20/2001, 09:21 AM
Yeah 6700k, thats what I meant, always ge those messed up. Ok, in three days when I get it I will stick him under that light. Hope it all works out.

Dwayne
02/20/2001, 09:29 AM
Good Luck!:D

I was successful in my attempt to bring a sebae back from the brink.(I'm not saying everyone should try this or that this is easy.) I got a snow white sebae from a LFS. I put it in my 125 with 3 250w 10K MH lights. It attached to the live rock for a couple months then moved down to the sand. Since moving to the sand it has been in the same spot for over a year. It has turned a light chocolate color and has never refused food.

It sounds like you have a good plan. Good Luck.

Dwayne