Elliot22288
03/05/2003, 09:32 PM
will there be a fight??

Marc03
03/05/2003, 09:42 PM
probly not

shez15
03/05/2003, 11:31 PM
I'd say probably. I had a peppermint attack a 9 inch carpet and a 5 inch bta. Had to rip apart my tank to get the sucker before he killed my anems.

Jamesurq
03/07/2003, 08:15 PM
I had a cleaner shrimp pick a pink tip to death. Although one of the 4 peppermints may have had some nightime fun.

I'm hoping the green BTA I get tomorrow will do okay. And ultimately I hope my pair of clowns like him.

PoggiPJ
04/15/2003, 09:14 PM
I have two peppermints, and a large cleaner shrimp, in with my pink tip Haitian anemone and they never seem disturb it. The disk is about 3" across with 6-7 inch tentacles, and the shrimp are only 1" long. Maybe that's why. The same two peppermints DID however pick at a very small, 1", distressed and bleached BTA until it died.

njmar1
06/07/2004, 01:38 AM
Mine is attacking my rose anemone as I sit here. The bugger likes to rip pieces out by where the oral disk is at, and it sure isn't food he's taking out. These pepps also ripped up part of galaxea after I added it to the tank, attacked some hammer coral, and plucked out feather dusters. These are pepps, and not camels, so I am bemused...

bump321
06/07/2004, 04:41 AM
The p. shrimp can or will hurt or kill anemones. This has me upset some what. I knew they would eat the tiny bad ones but will leave the bigger ones alone. I have had a blue carpet for about a year now He is quite lg. and 2 or 3 weeks ago got 2 RBTA. The RBTA are sm one is maby 2 inch the other around 3 inches.As they are sm should i worry. Is this a p.shrimp thing or do the fire shrimp and c.shrimp do this as well, and why dont the anemones eat the shrimp. I havent seen the p.shrimp in a long long time.
Bump