PDA

View Full Version : Salt

SAT
03/05/2003, 12:13 PM
Ron,

Congratulations on another fascinating ReefKeeping article! Now I feel really smart for filling my tank with Crystal Sea last month, particularly since it was selling locally for less than $20 for a 150G box (about 1/2 the price of IO). I guess this puts to rest the claim that manufacturers can't make a clean salt at a reasonable price.

rshimek
03/05/2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SAT

Hi Stuart,

Now I feel really smart for filling my tank with Crystal Sea last month, particularly since it was selling locally for less than $20 for a 150G box (about 1/2 the price of IO).

I wish I felt as smart. I have a couple of buckets of Instant Driveway Deicer to get rid of. :D

I guess this puts to rest the claim that manufacturers can't make a clean salt at a reasonable price.

Yes, I think it does. There may be other good salts out there, too. I was quite limited by costs in what I could afford to purchase for testing.

As an aside, I thougt that there would be some small difference between salt mixes - maybe on the order of 10% +/- or so. The magnitude of differences that I found surprised me, and the lack of differences between the better salts and NSW aslo surprised me.

:D

palkin-kopalkin
03/05/2003, 01:11 PM
What ReefKeeping article? Where can I read it at?
Thanks

SAT
03/05/2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by palkin-kopalkin
What ReefKeeping article? Where can I read it at? Hit the "RK mag" button on the top of the page.