PDA

View Full Version : anemones breeding

just2befunny
03/01/2003, 08:18 PM
:confused:

Hi I have what I think is a unique question I had a 75 gallon fish tank and upgraded to a 125 gallon just 2 days ago. I also have about 8 assorted anemones mostly flower anemones. after we did the upgrade we went to bed, woke up the next morning and one of my anemones had babies .... as of today we had 64. Is this normal, is this common, and how often should I expect this to happen? While I'm here how does this happen?

Thanks alot

CHUCKFU
03/01/2003, 08:38 PM
I have no idea but thats cool!!!!!:eek2: Time to go get some store credit baby! Sell them bad boys

Dlckwood
03/02/2003, 05:51 AM
Well, lets just say that happens never. You are one lucky SOB. If it happened in that short of a time one of them must have been pregant before the move. Thats pretty cool.
DAL:p

cuda6872
03/02/2003, 12:49 PM
What, no pic? That's a tease. very cool & congats.

SeanT
03/02/2003, 01:28 PM
PICS!!! PICS!!!

just2befunny
03/02/2003, 01:39 PM
Ill get some ... i have to borow my friends camera

torrid
03/05/2003, 10:10 AM
Hello, my name is Rebecca, i just my computer up and runng. My friend posted the original thread for this subject on my behalph. This was truely a awesome sight I wouldnt had believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Yes I'm a grandmother....LOL. I'm a 32 yr old woman, mother of 2, and about 70 grand children,LOL.I've had the anenome for about 2yrs, and she's obviousely very happy. I prchased her from www.reeftopia.com. Ispoke with Edie yesterday to tell her what happened, she had never heard of it happining in captivity, and wasnt sure how it happened in the wild, now she knows. If you are ever in need of things be sure to look her up. Her web sight is great and her stuff is impecable.Well now im going to try to post the pics that my hubby took. Thankyou for all of your comments and intrest.

SeanT
03/05/2003, 03:55 PM
just2befunny we are still waiting on those...
PICS PICS PICS!!!

torrid
03/05/2003, 06:03 PM
just2bfunny is my friend, she lives next door. she just wanted to know if this was a common thing or very rare. My husband just fixed the pics so i can show you guys. I'm the one with the mother, so here r my pics, just2bfunny does have one of my babies now, the rest are at my LFS.

SeanT
03/05/2003, 07:14 PM
Wow thats blurry lol.
What am I looking at?

drewby07
03/06/2003, 12:11 PM
wow...

i have two of these guys....how did it give birth? are we talking fission like a shroom? i have seen eggs within the oral disc of mine...but never had any babies that i am aware of....tell me more!!!!

:D :D :D

cuc
03/06/2003, 12:23 PM
Looks like aptasia but then again it is really blurry.:D

torrid
03/10/2003, 05:05 PM
hello reefers! well my hubby took the pics, camara is new so still working out the kinks. Did you try clicking on the gallery pic? Oh and its not aptasia, if it was my LFS wouldnt have given me money for all the babies. I also think that shes going to have more babys if she does ill try to get a better pic. And as far as how she gave birth, well its not splitting, she formed a hole on the side of her stem and they came out of there. It was truely amazeing. And for all the sceptics, I wouldnt have beleived it if i didnt see it with my own eyes. I also do have a witness, my girlfriend just2bfunny saw it also, she helped me get them out of the tank. Bye the way does anyone know about porcelin anenome crabs? I have 2 and they keep molting is this normal?Thanks, Rebecca

torrid
03/10/2003, 05:17 PM
hello reefers! well my hubby took the pics, camara is new so still working out the kinks. Did you try clicking on the gallery pic? Oh and its not aptasia, if it was my LFS wouldnt have given me money for all the babies. I also think that shes going to have more babys if she does ill try to get a better pic. And as far as how she gave birth, well its not splitting, she formed a hole on the side of her stem and they came out of there. It was truely amazeing. And for all the sceptics, I wouldnt have beleived it if i didnt see it with my own eyes. I also do have a witness, my girlfriend just2bfunny saw it also, she helped me get them out of the tank. Bye the way does anyone know about porcelin anenome crabs? I have 2 and they keep molting is this normal?Thanks, Rebecca