PDA

View Full Version : How can I keep my purple pink tipped purple??

GailHM
03/01/2003, 02:12 PM
I recently brought home this really pretty purple condy. Any tips on how to help it keep its colour??
Thanks!
Gail in Nova Scotia

ReefGeekster
03/01/2003, 02:26 PM
Nice anemone!

No Brainer here:

1) Keep the lighting correct
2) Right Water conditions
3) And proper feeding

If it's wild caught and the above isn't met, it can lose it's intense color.

GailHM
03/01/2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks. I'll try to keep it happy. You said "if it's wild caught". Does this mean that captive raised are more lilkely to keep their colour?
Also, if the color starts to fade or darken to brown, do you know which parameters are causing the change?

Gail in Nova Scotia

zenkyatin
03/01/2003, 10:56 PM
I Have had many, and still do. I find that the color stays pretty close to the same, especially if fed occasionally and recieve good lighting. I have had a total of 5. I gave away two because they grew too large (even though I stopped feeding). I have a 65gallon and the largest was about 14" from 3" in a couple of years (I stopped feeding directly after about 14 months, growing too fast) they can sting leathers and other corals. I have had pc and mh lighting and the only real differences in color are because of the color temp of the bulbs used, but the more intense the lighting the shorter the tenticles and the less stinging of neighbors. Also these don't generally move around once they find a moderate current and light source that suites them. I have seen ( a friend, I wasn't so lucky) that had a pair of clark clowns host with one that I gave him. This is rare though and deffinately not in nature. good luck!

GailHM
03/01/2003, 11:23 PM
That's encouraging. Thanks! I have lots of room for this guy to grow and it seems to have settled exactly where I put him and has wedged its foot between two rocks. I have VHO's and use natural sea water so I hope it will do well. It is at one end of my 90 gal away from the corals. I'll be really happy if it stays this colour!

Gail

shawn maybee
03/03/2003, 09:35 AM
BEAUTIFUL MAN ,,GREAT LOOKING ,I WANT A FEW OF THEM FOR ME 125