PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI re adjust problem

zooqi
03/01/2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I went to check my RO/DI (on month filters old) and found out that the ratio was more than 1:4 and it was like 2:4 or 3:4 so I adjusted it to make it 1:4 and close to 1:5 which is more waste water. I did a water change and is been three days and my corals are not opening and they don't look as happy as they used to. :eek: What is your ratio set to and why you think this happened ?

Gary Majchrzak
03/01/2003, 12:41 PM
zooqi- Aren't you in the process of raising your salinity? I don't think even using tap water in the prep of new saltwater would cause your corals to close up, so I doubt the RO water ratio is affecting them.
Public water sources are infamous for variations in contaminents.
I usually shoot for a 1:4 {RO to wastewater}drip ratio.

zooqi
03/01/2003, 12:52 PM
I have not done the salinity raise yet untill I check the correct gravity for my water with Ron today and I was going to do that in a small tank. I don't know what is causing this. I might be having xenia crash but not sure so I moved some of the xenias to a smaller solar light system (they love that tank). Thanks God I have backups all over (I learned from the past) I don't think is the salt. It also can be that I have removed the skimmers to replace them with different DIY type and is been a week but I had them withought the skimmer in the past. I would be worry if I did not have backups.

zooqi
03/01/2003, 07:57 PM
MAC got it. My salinity was reading 1.027 and I went to a friend and used his refractometer and guess what was the reading 1.034 (wwooooooowwoowwooowowowoowow).. I need to get me one of those refractometer and I hopefully I will have it by next week. :)