PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Red Epizoanthus?

Super Big Daddy SPS
02/27/2003, 11:59 PM
Does anyone have Red Epizoanthus?
If yes how is it doing and where do you keep it in your tank?

Uel
02/28/2003, 10:44 AM
I have them and they seem to like less light. I have 3 and the one in the shade is doing the best.

MaryHM
02/28/2003, 11:02 AM
That's so funny Uel, because mine always seem to like higher light. I can't get them to open in the lower light tanks. Which is weird since they aren't photosynthetic. Of course, I generally only have mine for about 2-3 weeks... Do you find that yours needs a good moderate flow? Mine seem to prefer that.

fitzpatrick
02/28/2003, 08:50 PM
GARF sells those things.Thay said that thay need lots of Current.I was thinking about getting some myselfe untill I herd this.

Super Big Daddy SPS
02/28/2003, 11:53 PM
I just got one from GARF yesterday, it is opening up a little.

MiNdErAsR
03/01/2003, 11:35 AM
[moved]

TS
03/01/2003, 12:30 PM
I've had some (from garf) for about 6 months. I thought they were dead, a couple barely hanging on, and put them on the sandbed, sideways, under a rock. To my surprise, half-buried in sand and not fed at all, the entire colony came back and actually grew some.

My observation: They're terrible sensitive to algae. Cyano loves to grow on them, as did my hair algae, and they really don't want to open under these circumstances.

Also, they are very difficult to target feed. They go right in as soon as you get near them with the food.

I think they've been living off my sandbed fauna or the microorganisms associated with the sandbed because I haven't even tried to feed them in months.

Travis

Aquariareview
03/02/2003, 01:11 AM
Mine are doing well. The are growing under a ledge (in the shade). Mine love to eat Marc Wiess Black Powder