PDA

View Full Version : LTA sucked into filter intake

technoshaman
02/27/2003, 07:09 PM
Just wondering if anyone can offer me any feedback. I stupidly didn't fully cover the intake on an aquaclear filter I was using to run carbon and my purple LTA - macrodactyla dorrensis managed to get himself sucked up into it last Friday (No idea how long he was there I came hom to hear the filter chugging). I gently as possible took the filter tube off and cut it apart around the tentacles that had been pulled in. He had some stress to the foot/column area and I flushed it with a very dilute Iodine solution and set him back in the tank. His tentacles were totally no sticky and he ended up balling up.

My question is, he hasn't wandered before much I guess the additional flow from the filter might have spurred it? He currently seems to be eating (he has a true percula that hosts there which is really good about feeding him but I've been also spot feeding zoecon soaked krill 3-4 times a week).

Since the incident he's started to expand again and is eating mysis fed by the clown and krill. His tentacles are sticky again for the most part but he has not re-attached at the base. I am worried he has sustained serious damage to his basal disc and when I looked this afternoon before work there were small white bumps near the bottom of his foot - did not look fungal but I am no expert on anemome anatomy to tell.

He was moved here about a month ago from my 75 gallon reef where he seemed to do fine but ended up occasionally walking and stinging corals. Current tank is a AGA 7 gallon (temporary - he and clown are getting a 10 gal with a 150 halide over it in a month or two) with 3x 13w PC bulbs . Amm 0, Nitrite ), Nitrate 5ppm, Salinity 1.024 , DKh 8. Any ideas? He seems to be mending slowly but I want to make sure I'm doing everything possible to help him survive/recover. Any constructive help appreciated.