PDA

View Full Version : Perc Finally Went In !!!

lawndoctor
02/27/2003, 05:25 PM
The female in my TR true perc pair just went into my H. crispa today - after SIX MONTHS of totally ignoring it. It's the weirdest thing. I just walked into the living room, did a triple take, and there she was. I know this would seem silly to people outside the hobby, but I can hardly contain my excitement!

shasta12
02/27/2003, 06:18 PM
I know how you feel ,they just don't get it. How good it feels when your fish finally does a new trick.

lawndoctor
02/27/2003, 07:23 PM
My scarlet cleaner has chasing her out for the last hour. I always thought a female clown would beat the hell out of a cleaner shrimp. Maybe that's next.

Wee Man
03/01/2003, 01:25 PM
i under stnad ur excitemnt too, i just bought an anemone and a tp and because its only been 1 day they havnt necessarily bonded, i beleive they will though bcuz they enjoyed eachother company at the fish store sooo...

Dlckwood
03/01/2003, 07:40 PM
Congrats!! I wish I had the same luck as you. It seems hopeless that my TR false percs will ever host. Your success gives me a glimmer of hope.
DAL:p

CHUCKFU
03/01/2003, 08:42 PM
Kind like when your kid takes it first peepee in the tolite! HEheheh
I have a clarki and a bta for about 2 weeks no luck!:rolleyes:

Jive Turkey
03/06/2003, 04:28 AM
It took my mated pair of false Percula a month to even notice my Sebae anemone.
Then one night, the female did a couple headstands in the anemone and fell in love with it. It now lays in it most of day and all of night.

Squidman
03/06/2003, 05:13 PM
My ocellaris took three months to host in my BTA. Now they won't leave it. I was a pretty happy camper the first day I saw them in it. After the first month I had given up. :)

reefy em
03/07/2003, 08:12 PM
I just got a BTA for my maroon clown last weekend. I figured it would only take him a few days to go to it but he's taking longer. I feel better now that I see that it takes months sometimes. I guess I'll have to sit back and wait. He adopted the magnet cleaner in the corner as his surrogate when I got him. I would think a new BTA would be better than a magnet :p

lawndoctor
03/07/2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all your replies. It's nice to know there are others out there who not only understand but share my obsession.

I have another interesting thing to report now that a few days have passed: The female's sudden drastic change in behavior has been unbelievable. Literally overnight, she went from being a nice, friendly, little fish who would follow me around the tank and practically eat out of my hand, to becoming an aggressive, nasty B*TCH who now bites my hand whenever I get within a foot of what has clearly become HER anemone. The male just seems to do whatever he's told.

I liked her better when she was less "mature." She's now a mean SOB. I guess that's what it takes for clowns to breed successfully in the wild.