PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Atlantics?

obiwan13
02/26/2003, 02:29 PM
I have a reef 55 and have been toying w/ the idea of adding an Atlantic to it. I know they are very hardy and my water levels are "reef perfect". I was originally going to set up another tank just for an anemone & clown, which is something I may still do. I was wondering what input the pros (that's you) have on this. Fish or critters to avoid, lighting, feeding, etc.

Thanks in advance.

maroonclwn
02/26/2003, 07:41 PM
If you mean atlantic anemone they are easy to keep for an anemone. Condies need good lighting, need to be fed every few weeks or once a week, also keep your water quality good.

maroonclwn
02/26/2003, 08:18 PM
sorry for the double post, but they should be fed twice a week with food like mysis shrimp, avoid the munching bunch such as triggers, puffers, angels, etc.

obiwan13
02/27/2003, 12:26 AM
thanks, as far as the fish. Everything in my tank is reef safe, so I don't think that'll be a prob.

Linc D
02/28/2003, 12:58 PM
I've had 2 condys in my tank for several months now, they are great. They eat silversides and krill regularly. I had them separated in the tank, but one actually moved next to the other, they've stayed that way for several weeks now. Linc

obiwan13
02/28/2003, 01:14 PM
someone just told me that anemones were bad in reefs. I seem to be getting mixed opinions???

Linc D
02/28/2003, 09:16 PM
my condys occasionally attach to adjacent LPS corals in a way that seems aggressive, but they are easy to separate. Overall, so far no harm done. Linc