PDA

View Full Version : drooping devil`s hand & supplements...?

jgreef
02/15/2001, 08:33 PM
Hi,
I believe this coral to be a leather.right? Well,I`ve had it about a month now. This thing gets about 15" overall extension. Anyhow, I notice the body is creased and laid over at the base. Is this normal? On the other side of the tank is a toad stool. During the day it opens and stands right up,body with cap wide open. Should the hand be doing similar extension? as far as body straight and cap opening on top of that. i.e. like the toad stool.
Also, concerning the additions of supplements. My tank is not uncommon it is : 55 G,45 Lbs. rock(20/25 live/base)20 G. sump(primarily used for prefilter,heater placement,increased water capacity)VHO 2x110 sun/actnic. Right now I have 10 corals,7 of which are plugs. I have been dosing with kent products.Strontium(tbsp./wk.),iodine(Tbsp/wk.),calcium(Tbsp. 2X/wk.),pro buffer dkh(Tbsp. 2X/wk...in the morning),and most recently coral accel(Tbsp. 3X/wk.)In addition, I clean glass and skimmer cup and blow crap off rock with a baster.2,3,or 4x / wk..
first of all, is this right ? What needs adjusted ? if anything. Do I need to include any other supplement? Such as, phytoplankton or some other nutrient for the corals.Do I want ot skim 24/7 or cut back to half or not at all for awhile.I ask because foam production has tremendously slowed.Tank set-up Oct.00` W/rock & snails;Dec. added inverts and fish;Jan. added corals.
Concerning other livestock,There are 2 damsels and a clown(I thaw approx. Tbsp. brine shrimp /wk for these guys),3 peppermint shrimp,chocolate chip starfish,black needle urchin,and 2 dozen snails.
Thanks for any suggestions on the basics. What are the best books on reefkeeping,so I can increase my knowledge and confidence. JGreef

rshimek
02/16/2001, 12:01 PM
Hi JGreef,

You should discuss your situation with a lot of folks, and the main ReefCentral Discussion forum is a better place for your post, so I am transferring it there.