PDA

View Full Version : another maroon question

chris79
02/26/2003, 01:24 AM
do maroons usually stay in the anemone together. if so my anemone might be to small because the big female takes up most of it.what should i do.

maroonclwn
02/26/2003, 01:34 AM
If they are a pair than they should most of the time. My anemone is not that big and they are usually always together. Occaisionally the male or the female may go to check out the bubble coral i have but other than that if the male is not in the anemone he stays relatively close to the female. At night my female sleeps on top of the male, so try observing them when the lights are out and see wheter both of them are in the anemone.

chris79
02/26/2003, 01:47 AM
i just checked on them and the female is in the anemone the male is hovering right behind it but no in it. i just added the larger maroon 2 days ago and i had the other one for about 6 months so i was wondering if they would pair up, i thought they did because they were in it together last night but maybe i was mistaken

maroonclwn
02/26/2003, 02:03 AM
if you had the first for six months then i would have though it would have turned into a female but the fact that they are not fighting diproves it. No worries im sure yours will turn out to be a pair

jacobdol
02/26/2003, 02:50 AM
My maroons share an anemone as it is too small for both of them to be there at the same time. They take turns - so cute.