PDA

View Full Version : anenome id please

pantinor
02/24/2003, 11:25 PM
This is a sebae anenom, right?

Will it host my two ocellaris clowns that I just got?

Thanks.

http://home.attbi.com/~pantinori/aquaria/my_sebae2.jpg

maroonclwn
02/25/2003, 01:11 AM
It looks like a bleached sebae, in the wild false percs host in giant carpets and ritteri anemones but it may or may not host in your sebae

shawn maybee
02/25/2003, 09:51 AM
sebae ,,for sure

skippy
02/25/2003, 11:50 AM
Yep, looks like a sebae (bleached) to me....

Kip

pantinor
02/25/2003, 12:34 PM
I sure looks nice with the white and purple. I imagine that it will get darker after the natural color comes out. oh well.

I just fed a chopped clam to it last night and the clowns started to get cozy with it for the first time...

It is taking a while to attach also. Kind of flopping around a little. I wonder how long it will take for it to find a home and attach itself?

Thanks!

pantinor
03/02/2003, 10:00 PM
Sad to say but my little bleached anenome is close to death right now. I came in this morning and his "foot" part was all chewed up from underneath and there is a dead emerald crab below him. He never did attach to anything solidly to a rock after I bought him he just flopped around the whole time. And the clown fish were with him too. I am really bummed to loose this guy.

I wonder why he never attached to anything, and also,

How could this little emerald crab do so much damage to him, I assume the crab is the culprit. Its weird how the crab was dead also.

Any ideas??