PDA

View Full Version : Clown and Anenome support

Elliot22288
02/24/2003, 09:58 PM
Is there any way that I can encourage my two percs to befriend my pink tip Haitian Anenome. I was thinking maybe having them trail a piece of shrip to it? Thanks. :mixed::D

JHardman
02/24/2003, 10:18 PM
Hi

There is no "for sure" method of getting a clown to host, but have you ever hear the old saying "monkey see, monkey do"?

Try to find a picture of a pair of percs in an anemome that looks like yours. Tape it to the side of the tank where they can get a good view. They might get the idea.

cyclgrl
02/24/2003, 10:31 PM
How long has it been since you got the clowns or anemone? Mine didn't pair up for over a week. Now there is no separating them.

Elliot22288
02/24/2003, 10:38 PM
Oh-yeah. I just got the anenome yesturday. My only concern is that I heard somewhere that percs dont always pair with Pink Tip Haitian anenomes----------....Do you think they will?:confused:

Elliot22288
02/24/2003, 10:40 PM
by the way I taped a pic to the side hehe :D

cyclgrl
02/24/2003, 11:01 PM
Doesn't matter what I think, but I'll tell you what I experienced. I have a tomato clown and a LTA. No where online or in Wilkerson's book did I see that the tomato clown takes to a LTA in wild or captivity. But mine did. I think you have a good chance.

Cindy

JHardman
02/24/2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by cyclgrl
Doesn't matter what I think, but I'll tell you what I experienced. I have a tomato clown and a LTA. No where online or in Wilkerson's book did I see that the tomato clown takes to a LTA in wild or captivity. But mine did. I think you have a good chance.

Cindy

IME clownfish do not read books, they have a mind of their own and do whatever they want rather it agrees with a book or not. :D

I seen a pair of percs not too long ago hosting in a long bristle basting bush in their tank. :lol:

I seen a bunch of juvi percs trying to host in a urchin once too. Funny fish we keep. :rolleyes: