PDA

View Full Version : Rose anemone question *pic*

TIGER SHARK
02/24/2003, 05:33 PM
I was looking at a sponsers site, cquarium and they have a lot of nice looking rose anemones, very expensive but a very nice pink color. I tried to attach a pic, if it doesnt work, heres the link:

http://www.cquarium.com/Corals0215/rosex.htm

Is this anemone somewhat bleached? The color is awesome and it may be because of the lighting. Can I expect it to keep this color though or if I give it good lighting and feed it, will the color darken up?

Char
02/24/2003, 05:53 PM
You can buy captive cloned in the selling forum...why would you buy a wild caught???

Anemone
02/24/2003, 06:26 PM
It's hard to tell if it's bleached or not, wothout knowing what lighting that picture was taken under. If it is bleached, it's only marginally bleached (really bleached ones actually are white with fluorescent pink bubbles - very pretty, if you don't know what you're looking at).

The anemone looks pretty small, which can also account for it's lighter color, so it may darken up somewhat. Overall, the color you see can be effected by the color of your lighting, but that anemone looks fine, IMO, and should stay pretty close to that color.

Kevin

Zepplin
02/24/2003, 06:51 PM
I agree with Char... You can get really nice captive raised ones in the corals for sale forum. Plus chances are that they are cheaper and will have a better chance for living.

Dan

Anemone
02/24/2003, 06:59 PM
FWIW, my avatar is a picture of a rose BTA (or two...kinda hard to tell).

Kevin

TIGER SHARK
02/24/2003, 07:07 PM
I know about the forums and buying captive raised, I was only asking about the color... if that is a true color for some rose anemones to have. There is no way I would pay $240 for such a small anemone even though the color is awesome. If they did drop the price a bit though, I would buy a wild caught one in a second and clone away. I have seen really red ones and the pink one I showed but wasnt sure if they were bleached, under actinics or what. The ones I have seen in the forums however do tend to be more of the red color, not pink. Thanks for your help Kevin.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
02/24/2003, 07:08 PM
i think he does. THe Famous "valencia rose anemones" hahahaa:lol:

TIGER SHARK
02/24/2003, 07:10 PM
Kevin, Do you ever sell your clones? Yours looks really pink in color.

Anemone
02/24/2003, 08:45 PM
There is a weird time-warp going on, where posts are being put into threads before the posts that inspired them....twilight zone time...

I posted about my avatar after Tiger SHarks' post beginning "I know about the forums and buying..."

And I'm sure BP was responding to TS's post that comes after BP's post...very strange....

Kevin

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
02/26/2003, 09:25 PM
yes...:eek1:

TIGER SHARK
02/27/2003, 03:44 AM
so that would be a no....

ReefGeekster
02/27/2003, 04:07 AM
Buy a clone one that has a track record of splitting, buying a WC (wild caught) one may or may not split. Not only you can sell the clones later but fill your tank up with them or trade them.

Anemone
02/27/2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TIGER SHARK
so that would be a no....

No, I do, but I try not to throw it around the forums...

Kevin

TIGER SHARK
02/27/2003, 04:36 PM
ok, sorry for bringing it up in here, I'll try the trading/selling forum Do you have a big pic of your anemone tank? I have seen others post it but the pics are small. How many are in there too?

Anemone
02/27/2003, 04:49 PM
Here's a pic of my tank:
http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/photos/data/550/4625anemonetank1-med.jpg

I think there were 8 clones in there at the time (it's a 65 gallon tank...48" long).

I'm up to 10 clones as of today (had a couple of splits in the last 2 weeks).

Kevin