PDA

View Full Version : meetings

imgrtful
02/23/2003, 09:04 PM
my wife and i are planning on attending next months meeting.we found out about this months on sat.(too late to find a babysitter)we just want to know if there is anything we need to bring.we are looking forward to joining and meeting fellow reefers.i cant propagate my corals yet,i just moved them to new home,a 125g reef from a 29g.well i hope to meet all of ya'll soon.

eric and melissa

richo
02/23/2003, 09:39 PM
Eric & Melissa,

I will look forward to meeting the both of you at next months meeting. As an member for over 3 years, I can personally testify that ORCA is probably one of the best reef club organizations in Florida (if not one of the tops in the entire U.S.). Jon Clements (current president) is running a 1st class operation and helped grow the club to more than 80 members. The club benefits and events also seem to get better and better. The various members are filled with knowledge and expertise in various areas of DIY, coral propogation, water quality, fish breeding - etc. etc. The club has attracted people from Fort Pierce, Sarasota, and Tampa (and I'm sure I'm missing a few). I believe a family membership is around $15 per year but I also believe that they prorate the cost depending on the time from the annual renewal period. I typically bring a six of my desired beverage of choice, and some frags if I can spare them. People are typically selling used goods, and conducting trades at the meetings. People selling items locally will usually advertise in this forum. I hope this provides you with some basic info but in case I missed anything, check out www.O-R-C-A.com. See you next month. - R

MORAY
02/23/2003, 10:15 PM
Eric and Melissa,

Richo is correct, this is truly an awesome group of people. We are always looking to meet, help, and learn from new people. I also look forward to meeting you at our next meeting. Ramone brings a wealth of knowledge to our group.