PDA

View Full Version : Percula & Sebae

CarpeNoctem
02/23/2003, 02:27 PM
I purchased a colored sebae anemone for my percula clownfish (2)yesterday. He is pink or a light purple.

Last night and this morning it seemed the clowns were taking to the sebae. Last night they were 'investigating' it by swiming close and maybe slightly touching it. This morning they were swimming through it.

But, just a few hours ago the anemone starting moving around the tank, slowly but surely. He once flipped himself upside down so I reached in and righted him. (LFS said he can't right himself)

Since then the clowns aren't swimming through him they are searching out the tank....

MarineDepotLive lists the pink/purple as not hosting anything on there compatability chart. Compatibility Chart (http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/marinedepotlive/AnemoneSymbioticMap.htm)

First, was I "taken for a ride"? Second, since they attempted once, in only hours, to live with it will they do it again?

-Rick

Dlckwood
03/02/2003, 06:10 AM
Well just as a response to your last question, it usually takes a couple of days for the clown to rehost the anemone. Just be patiant, he will go back into it.
DAL:p

lawndoctor
03/02/2003, 05:12 PM
Are you sure it's an H. malu, not an H. crispa? H. malu only hosts A. clarkii in nature, while H. crispa naturally hosts about 14 species including your A. perculas. HTH

Jive Turkey
03/13/2003, 08:17 AM
My False Percs absolutly love my Sebae, they are rolling in it 75% of the day and all nght.:rollface: :rollface:

The ignored mine for a full month, so consider yourself lucky that they are so curious.