PDA

View Full Version : LT anemone attachment

FreddyC
02/22/2003, 11:03 AM
I recently added a LT anemone to a 75 gallon reef tank which I have had set up for 6 months. The tank has a 8" DSB and lots of live rock, corals, etc. Water parameters are all good. My question is how do I get the LT to attach? I dug a shallow hole for him in the front of the tank, under a slight rock overhang, with plenty of good waterflow and light. I had heard that LT's like to sink their foot into the sand. Mine has inflated itself and is rolling around the bottom of the tank on the sand. He looks great--well inflated, good tenticles and color--its just that he has not attached to anything. I really would like him in the spot I set aside for him, he will be the focal point of the tank.

skippy
02/22/2003, 02:51 PM
His foot may be torn. He may not be able to attach. Sometimes sales people will tear them trying to get them off a rock or from an ugf that they may be attached to in the store's tank. I have seen this more times than I would care to have seen. They either don't care or don't know any better. If he is rolling around from the current in your tank, try putting a pc of LR on each side of him to keep him from getting airborne. He can become chop suey in a power head real fast. good luck.

FreddyC
02/22/2003, 08:50 PM
His foot is fine. I'll try the small pieces of rock.