PDA

View Full Version : MY LTA Question?

BeefMan
02/21/2003, 10:24 PM
My LTA Mouth is open. Is this a sign that he is filtering the water or feeding off the lights or what. I have 2 175 halides with 12k bulbs.He is lookin really good right now. just he has his mouth open wanna make sure this is ok.

cyclgrl
02/22/2003, 12:00 AM
My LTA sometimes has his mouth open, meaning I can see about 1/2" in his mouth. He's still healthy as a horse. Not sure why he does this, but I think there are sure signs if it's not ok when he has his mouth open: he looks listless, stuff hanging out of it, etc.

Cindy

BeefMan
02/22/2003, 12:44 PM
ok yea mine doesnt have any stuff hangin out or anything. I just see him havin his mouth open once and a while. Also would u know why my clowns dont try hosting with the anemone? They touch it and get stung. Does the anemone have a real strong sting? Or will it just take some more time. They seem interested, hangin over it and stuff. I also noticed my little guy like suckin on one of the tentacles.

skippy
02/22/2003, 02:46 PM
Mouth open is fine. As long as he is not bleached...

BeefMan
02/22/2003, 02:49 PM
I think my LTA anemone is gonna turn purple. He is a Greenish,Brown and on some of his tentacles its looks like a dark dark color. Im noticing alot of growth on the anemone too. I saw on 1 tentacle there was a small peice growing off of the tentacle.Yea i will keep updated. This is really healthy. At full size he is about 8 inches across.

cyclgrl
02/22/2003, 03:08 PM
I don't think the LTA's sting is particularly strong (vs a carpet, for instance). It took 2 weeks for my clown to "find" it. I didn't even notice him nipping at it or anything then one day, you couldn't separate the two. It's been like that ever since. The nipping on your side is a good sign. It means they are trying to get used to it. What kind of clowns do you have?

Tankenvy
02/22/2003, 07:01 PM
I've got a pair of percs, and it took them about 3 weeks to move into my LTA. Getting rid of my blue damsel really helped out the process though. They didn't like to venture out much while he was patrolling the tank. Now they don't usually get more than 2" from the LTA. Once they found it, it didn't seem to take them too long to get used to it though. My first anemone was a condy and they didn't care for that one at all. It stung way too hard for them.

-Josh

BeefMan
02/22/2003, 10:25 PM
I have the Saddle Back clown (a. Polymus). a Pair. They are doing great. So thats a good sign if they like suck on the tentacles? I hope they goto him soon. They did a while ago with a sabea anemone. But i never knew the sabea was bleached so i am having a hard time with him right now. He doesnt look good with the lights on but at night he opens right up. But Thanks for the info too. I have pics i posted too if u want to see what he looks likes. He is turning more and more purple i can tell.

BeefMan
02/27/2003, 12:13 AM
MY little Clown is going to the anemone now. The Big one i hope will take to him soon too. my Sabae anemone is somewhere in the tank now too. The LTA is turnin more purple like i said. Im noticing alot of growth too on him already. His tentacles have little extensions or a new tentacle growing on one tentacle, then little tiny ones on the main body. He is lookin great.

BeefMan
02/28/2003, 12:47 AM
MY bigger clown has now taken to the anemone today too. The Anemone has many colors too now that i looks closer. HE has BLue,Puple,green,tan. pretty cool i will post some pics some time soon

Wee Man
03/01/2003, 01:10 AM
well i beleive need to move those mushrooms first they r a little close they might wage chem war. someone mentioned a blue carpet. im sorry but im gonna get real mad and talk about the carpet. it was a blue carpet and its sting was deadly, it ate possibly everythin git touched. it even hurt me hehe. well it grew probably to 2 feet in diameter and took over 3 quartes of my 92 gal tank and had some expensive meals