PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon vs. Tomato clown

Xan
02/19/2003, 10:40 PM
Hi,
I read on a previous thread that the tomato clowns always have orage pectoral and anal fins, whereas the cinnamons (usually)have black anal or pectoral fins. What if one has bi colored pectoral fins? (mottled black and orange) I have a small pair like this. I am assuming they are cinnamon (or bluestripe) clowns..is this a good assumption? One's body is primarily dark and the other is half orange / half dark (dark spot in the middle of body) but bothe have mottled pectoral and anal fins.

I realize a pic would help ut I don't have a decent camera right now.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Xan

Dlckwood
02/19/2003, 10:50 PM
In identifying clowns it is a very tricky thing to do. Since clowns are so willing to cross breed in the home aquarium there are many different variations of clowns. We might be able to identify them, but then yes, like you said we would need a picture.
DAL:p

tentacle
02/19/2003, 11:12 PM
Hi Xan,

Well you don't have bluestripes. What they sound like from your description are cinnamon (A. melanopus), or possibly fire (A. ephippium), but I think cinnamon. Try to get a pic even though you camera isn't that great. There doesn't need to be a huge amount of detail to determine.