PDA

View Full Version : Percula pair and a BTA

duckiller00
02/19/2003, 09:54 PM
I have had a pair of Percula's in my tank for 2 months and are doing well.... I wanted to add an anemone to the tank and make them feel more at home so I added a Candy Anemone and they never went to it? It moved around alot anyway so I put it in my larger tank and my Spine Cheek loves it.... so I bought a beautiful green and purple Bubble Tip and they have not shown the slighest interest from what I can tell. What could be the problem?? Why dont they like it??

Thanks in advance for all your help.

hummer32
02/19/2003, 11:03 PM
bta's aren't natural hosts for percs, though in captivity its been known to happen. regardless, there's no guarantee that any clown will host with an anemone. there are tricks you can try to help the process along but its basically up to your clowns whether or not they choose to host with it. it may take awhile.

duckiller00
02/20/2003, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I thought it would go something like that.... I hope the percs take to the anemone because they look so good togeather. I sometimes see the two kinda swimming in no direction just kinda seem lost.

TIGER SHARK
02/20/2003, 02:15 PM
Try some of the tricks and see if it works, get a picture of your clowns in an anemone and put it next to the anemone or get one of the food clips thats a clown shape and put it next to the anemone. I just got a small frogspawn coral with 2 heads the other day and I wanted to see if my clowns would host in it. The 2 false percs will follow me around sometimes so they followed me near the coral and I just started pointing at the coral in a gentle manner and what do ya know? They started playing in it. I couldnt believe it but now I really want to get an anemone because the coral is just too small for my 2 clowns. Maybe you could wait until they are hungry and put some food on the anemone and see if they will get it. Good luck!

duckiller00
02/20/2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys!!