PDA

View Full Version : Help! marrons not pairing up!

b0lingball
02/19/2003, 03:33 AM
I recently purchased a smaller maroon clown hoping it will pair up with the exisiting one in my tank. It has been a week now and the bigger one is still ignoring the smaller one. The smaller maroon will attempt to get close but the female will chase it away. Now the smaller maroon is hiding behind the rocks 24/7. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Dlckwood
02/19/2003, 04:05 AM
The only suggestion I can give you is to try to exchange the small one you have for another. If this doesnt work I dont know what to tell you.
DAL:p

MarinaP
02/19/2003, 09:36 AM
Eco once taped a picture of a lionfish on the glass, and his clowns quickly got together. Two against one.

BonsaiNut
02/19/2003, 12:13 PM
Give it time. In the case of two maroons, if the bigger one isn't killing the smaller one, things are looking good. Remember that female maroons are the single most aggressive clown out there. Even when they are spawning female maroons don't treat their males all that well :) The lionfish picture sounds good. Also consider getting a few "dither fish". You don't say in your post whether there are other fish in your tank. If the tank is not very large and if there aren't very many other fish, consider getting four or five cheap damsels to keep the female maroon occupied so it doesn't focus all of its attention on the male. Just realize that it may be tough to remove damsels later on from a big tank :)