PDA

View Full Version : Will BTA be upset under 400w?

johnrags1234
02/18/2003, 03:33 PM
I would like to introduce a bubble tip anemone in a few months when my tank is more mature. It is a 58g with a 400w 20k ushio. I have read that BTA's dont like too strong of lighting, is this true? I wouldnt want to purchase one and not see it! Also are different colors more adaptable to light, i.e. red likes stronger whille green like dimmer, or vice versa?

TIA
J

Ron Popeil
02/18/2003, 05:22 PM
i have four bubble tips under a 400w 20k radium halide. one is on the side of a rock thats standing upright, and that one seems to like where hes at. the other three are all on top of flat rocks, about 2 feet from the light. and i think theyre itching to move, they moved underneath and behind the rockwork at first, but i did some more rearranging and i think in a few days or so theyll move back under the rockwork.
by they seem more compact and hug the rocks than they were under my 175w.

pete125
02/18/2003, 05:52 PM
I recently upgraded to a 400w 10k ushio(spelling) and prior to that I had a bta in the tank for about 6 weeks. for 5 of those weeks the bta spent most of its time deep within the live rock only showing itself periodically. when I went to the mh he came out and has stayed out ever since. Now i can see my bta and my blue stripe clown all day:bum:

johnrags1234
02/18/2003, 08:00 PM
Great info..... Thanks!

JGR