PDA

View Full Version : To much light for LTA

216@aqua
02/16/2003, 09:07 PM
Hello,

I purchased a LTA a couple of weeks ago for my maroon clown. The problem I have been having is that during the day the tentacles of the anenome curl up when the lights come on. But at night it looks really healthy and fully expanded. I have posted this question before and someone told me that the anemone needs to get acclimated. Then someone told me that it is to much light. Frankly I do not know who to believe so if anyone is an expert please help me.

2 96 watt 10000k
2 55 watt 10000k

Thank you

p.s. it does this everyday and night, my tank is mature and water quality is consistently changed with good readings from tests.

yachtboy14
02/17/2003, 02:20 AM
How many watts per gallon. The clown could be bothering it.

Marco
02/17/2003, 03:41 PM
IMO you do not have to much light. I have a Purple LTA in a 30gal. with 2x96w PCs and 1 250w MH. Sometimes the tentacles on mine curl up but I dont believe it has anything to do with the lighting. Anemones as a rule need lots of light.

lawndoctor
02/17/2003, 04:16 PM
My H. crispa did the same thing for the first month then stopped. I have 570W VHO over a 75. That is a moderate light level for a host anemone. You do not have too much light for an M. doreensis. If anything, depending on the depth of your tank you may not have enough light.

216@aqua
02/17/2003, 09:33 PM
Thanks for replying to my post and clearing that up for me. I wish that I could make it open up more during the day because it really is such a beautiful anemone. I will keep you all posted in case anything happens.

Thanks again