PDA

View Full Version : ack! what's going on?

three
02/15/2003, 11:59 PM
i wake up today and see this:
http://www.colorwolf.no-ip.org/images/2anemones.jpg

the button polyp was on the rock and the sebae anemone was on the sand..so i don't know whether the polyp moved to the sand or the anemone grabbed the polyp down..please let me know if this is normal or if i should seperate them

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
02/16/2003, 12:21 AM
what button polyp? is that a gonipora? i'm confused. it could be that something knocked the gonipora down and the sebae just happened to wander on it. more importantly. seperate them.

Your sebae looks UBER bleached. feed it everyday and hope that it does regain it's symbiotic algae within it's tissues. you shouldn't buy anemones that are that white

Another thing is that those gonipora dont belong in any tanks becuase we haven't figured out how to keep them alive in captivity. Most just die after up to 6 months of doing well.

three
02/16/2003, 12:29 AM
ok, i had thought it was a polyp :o i will move it now...

my sebae is actually yellow, i guess the lighting caused it too look white on my digital camera

three
02/16/2003, 04:52 AM
ok, well after finding out that it is in fact a gonipora and researching the web, i decided to take it out and back to the lfs since i had only gotten it a week ago. the guy told me that it was the easiest to keep and that's why i bought it (rookie mistake). well, i went back and he would not take it back, he kept insisting that it was hardy and easy to keep...i kept telling him that from the research it wasn't so..then he pointed out how theirs were thriving so i asked how long they have been in there...he said 2 months :rolleyes: . well...no refund anyways...just needed to release some steam :mad: , nevertheless, that store is now on my ban list!

kentrob11
02/16/2003, 04:56 AM
Unfortunately thats a common occurance in LFS.....Always check here before buying anything! Lotsa people more than willing to give UNBIASED advice based on experience, not sales...