PDA

View Full Version : found somethin strange in my sump

MattG
02/12/2003, 02:43 PM
today i decided to take a good look in my sump. to my surprise i found this centipede looking thing. the front half of it is white the back half is orange. it looked to have about a 100 legs. its about 1" long. the strange thing to me is it swims around. i mean thats all it does. it swims around like a fish unless its taking a rest. i moved it to the main tank to see if it would borrow into some of the sand or rock but it wouldnt. it just kept swimming around the tank......i put it back in my sump since my fish looked liked they really wanted to take a bit out of him......anyone know what this might be??

id take a picture but i still cant get my darn camera to work right.

myakkareef
02/12/2003, 05:15 PM
It sounds like the common Brisstle Worm. Put it up in the Tank at night when the fish are hiding out and it will find a home in your rock work or sand.

aLittletank
02/12/2003, 05:22 PM
Ahh... i have never seen or heard of a bristle worm that swims.

I would ask DR Ron

Allen

wsm #59
02/12/2003, 06:18 PM
i had some worms like that. after the lights went out they would be swimming everywhere and be on the glass in the front corners. I then put in a valentini puffer and a longnose hawk. I have only seen a few since. Don't know what to think.

dela
02/12/2003, 07:22 PM
I think it's pretty common for certain worms to swim. I know I've spotted about 3 different species swim in my tanks over the years.