PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with AB 250 watt 20,000K DE HQI MH?

Lutefisk
02/06/2003, 11:37 AM
I just saw an AB brochure that lists a 250 watt 20,000K DI HQI metal halide bulb. It says that it should be run in conjunction with a 10,000k bulb which makes me think that it might be real blue (possible actinic replacement?)

Has anybody tried one of these yet?

Post some pictures?

Paul

pi
02/06/2003, 12:55 PM
Mmm, where did you say you saw this? Last I heard AB decided not to produce this bulb and/or it was not meeting AB's expectations and it was still in development or..... If you do a search this topic has surfaced from time to time always with a rumor or two.

This is news to me. Anyone else?

Paul

Lutefisk
02/06/2003, 01:14 PM
I saw it in an AB catalog at a LFS.

I had mentioned to the owner that I wish there was a 20,000k 250watt DE bulb available. He said that the AB rep said that they had one and then the LFS owner pulled out a catalog and showed me the bulb in all its glossy four-color glory.

It was described as supplemental lighting - as opposed to something like a Radium.

Yep - its possible that the printed the catalog and then canceled the project but the AB rep seemed to think it was a current product.

Any word on the status of the Radium 250watt DE bulb?

Paul

VinceC
02/06/2003, 03:09 PM
This bulb is not being released anytime soon.
They jumped the gun on the advertisement and
Like Paul said it was not meeting AB's expectations and it was still in development

Vince

Lutefisk
02/06/2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks!
Paul