PDA

View Full Version : Mithrax Crab

reef4u
01/28/2003, 06:19 PM
Hi,
Would it be allright to put a Mithrax Crab in a 20 gall? Iam having a problem with Valonia and have read these guys will sort it out.What i would like to know is, what to feed them when the Valonia is gone?There are two Clowns and a Watchman Goby, also Snails, a couple of Redlegs and a Peppermint Shrimp in the tank.The tank also has a DSB and Liverock.
Thanks for your help,David

Just Fishing
01/28/2003, 10:39 PM
I would add one. They will graze on other algae as well so feeding them isn’t a real problem.

Nagel
01/28/2003, 11:28 PM
I agree...

While you are at it, choose the smallest, most green emerald you can find. As they age, the become more omnivorous, and start scavenging more. If ya get 'em young, they tend to eat more valonia.

HTH

mr294
01/29/2003, 01:20 AM
i'm with nagel on this one. as the time went by, and my emeralds began to grow i noticed a definite increase in the recurrence of valonia.

Python73
01/29/2003, 01:29 AM
Don't worry about feeding him after the valonia is gone. First of all, it is unlikely that it will be gone! Persistant pest. Second, emeralds will eat any food you give them, from a spirulina disc to a piece of clam or squid.

Most likely, you'll want to trade him in for a smaller crab 6 months from now, when he is a hulking monster.

S !