PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the inlet and outlet size for Aerofoamer 8 series

Joey
02/01/2001, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for the I.D. and O.D for this skimmer. Thanks for any info you can give.

Joe

FishWish
02/01/2001, 08:09 AM
Hi, The Inlet size is a 1" bulkhead and the outlet size is 1 1/2" bulkhead..David

Joey
02/01/2001, 08:43 AM
Thanks David, Is that 1" Pvc and 1-1/2" pvc? A lot of the skimmer manufacturers go buy the O.D. instead of the I.D. that's why I'm asking.

Joe

FishWish
02/01/2001, 09:34 AM
Hi Joe, Yea that is PVC on both..David

Joey
02/01/2001, 09:49 AM
Thanks again Dave. Wow that's some big stuff. Can you put back pressure on the aerofoamer's outlet? Want to put mine on the floor and pump it back to the sump about 3' up.

Joe

FishWish
02/01/2001, 10:00 AM
Hi Joe, this is perhaps a better question to ask Frank @ Reef Concepts personally. the unit is designed ( so it would seem) for the water outlet to be above the sump level. i would imagine it to be difficult at best to set it up and get it balanced the way you are suggesting. I would'nt even attempt to set it up that way. Do you have one already?..David

Joey
02/01/2001, 10:09 AM
Hey Dave,

No I don't have one. I am going to build one. I have the 8" acrylic tube and some of the other materials. I have an RDIII now but have never liked it. I made the beckett mod and it works much better, but I really like the desighn of the Aerofoamer. Still having a hard time finding all the demensions that I need. I dont wan't to be cheap, beleive me it would be easier to buy one. It's har to swallow the cost of one of these things right now. Besides, I'm really trying to get into building the acrylic things for my habbit. I just built a 48X24X20 sump that came out really well and it was a lot of fun. So any way, that's why all the questions.Sorry to be a pain in the butt

Respectfully,

Joe