PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Trying to Get Rid of a Mantis Shrimp???

XxAngelzDustxX
01/25/2003, 02:46 AM
Hi, I'm actually interested in perchasing a Mantis Shrimp. I know it's the typical reefkeepers' worst nightmare so I thought there might be someone wanting to get rid of one. If that's YOU, please don't kill him :( . I'll give him a really good home, I promise!:p . I could pay shipping charges. If you live in the Los Angeles, CA area I will gladly pick him up.

For those who prefer email. xXHard2mpressXx@yahoo.com or XxAngelzDustxX@yahoo.com.

deansreef
01/25/2003, 07:12 AM
Ive got one somewhere in my tank ( I think ). I have had quite a few fish disappear without a trace ( I checked everywhere ) . It has to be a mantis shrimp , but I cannot find that b@#$#@d!! Dean

dattack
01/25/2003, 07:18 AM
Hey, they sell nice looking Mantis Shrimps at the LFS here in Orange County area. It's around $15 for a 5" specimen. I saw a few at the Asian supermarkets too.

XxAngelzDustxX
01/25/2003, 05:16 PM
Dean, sorry to hear, I hope you find the bastard. But don't kill him, go to the Mantis Shrimp forums, I know there are people looking to buy one. Good luck :D .

Dattack, I didn't know they were that cheap. I thought they were around $40 or $45.Thanx for the update. I'll check out some of the LFSs.

I will still rescue any unwanted shrimp.