PDA

View Full Version : Reef Room Suggestions

Kaos
01/24/2003, 09:36 PM
I am starting to plan a new house. I am going to set aside a room just for my tanks and was looking for any helpful additions that would make life a little easier. I am already going to devote a small panel just for the circuits in that room. Also going to have some sort of drain and cold water line plumbed in there also. The floor joists and piers under that room will be beefed up also. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

crescent1
01/24/2003, 09:51 PM
the one thing i regret not adding was a slop sink, deep one .

wastedincome
01/24/2003, 09:53 PM
Make the room as BIG as you can:D ;)
You may also want to think and plan out the ventalation. As a room full of pumps, lights, etc can throw off alot of heat.
I would just say...Take your time and plan well

What size tank are you gonna have???

Kaos
01/24/2003, 10:12 PM
crescent1: definitely gonna have a slop sink (the wife gets ill every time I clean equipment in the spare bath). :p

wastedincome: the ventilation is a good idea (haven't thought of that one yet, although I was pondering putting that room on a small, seperate unit). By the time the house is built I will only have a 55gal. FW and a 75gal. reef (if I feel spunky I may start a 20L nano sps/clam tank, I have a 400w MH laying around). Yeah, I aggree about the take your time and plan well. :D