PDA

View Full Version : 911! tank caused FIRE-can someone hold my corals for me for a week or so?

rylin
01/20/2003, 06:58 AM
its 6:47 am.. and my tank just caused a small electrical fire because i live in an old home with old wiring etc.. now the power is off and cant be turned back on for a while.. i need to get my corals out of my tank.. does anyone have any extra room or anything they can spare??? i know this is wierd i dont know what else to do..?!? i live in daytona area but ill drive *anywhere* esp. orlando... i have a brain,a couple leathers, galaxia.. and various polyp rocks.. colt.. shrooms.. cabbage.. and a huge octobubble.. along with small bubble.. and candy corals.. i'll split them up if someone doesnt have enough room.. does anyone have any room they can spare???? just until i can get the tank moved or something figured out.. a week max.

Lutefisk
01/20/2003, 09:07 AM
I'm sure sorry to hear about your fire.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have enough room to make your trip worthwhile.

I hope you can find some help.

Paul

rylin
01/20/2003, 09:26 AM
thanks.. i posted in the general forum too looking for help. i was freaking out. i got 2 battery airpumps and turned up the heat in my house so hopefully i will have enough time to move my tank somewhere else. i guess they should be okay now *i hope*

Mr Neutron
01/20/2003, 01:07 PM
If you can't find anyone with room try calling some LFS there and here in Orlando. Depending how big your soft corals are I have a 54g soft coral tank that could house those if you have to split them up.

tricky
01/20/2003, 01:20 PM
We have a new 90 gallon reef tank with cured live rock and live sand. We're working on setting up the lighting now, should be in place soon. At present the lighting is just the stock 40 watt bulb. We'd be happy to give your treasures a temporary home if you need it and want to drive to west Orlando.

chriss
01/21/2003, 11:38 AM
I live in Jax and my tank is pretty much empty - also have an unused 90 that still has a live sand bed in it.

Your welcome to use my tank if you like. E-mail me at chriss@stis.net.

Btw, I'm sorry to hear that you had a fire. I think that's a big concern for all of us who are overloading our circuits with our tanks.

Chris