PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Advice

rardijoh
01/14/2003, 06:33 PM
Is the aqua media turboflotor 1000 skimmer a good skimmer to get. Iam using a 30 gallom sump with a 72 gallon tank.

I want good or bad opinions or other recomendations

Pomacanthus1
01/14/2003, 07:28 PM
FWIK about the Turbofloaters, most people find them to be very confusing to set up and get tuned-in, mostly because of their bad directions. Otherwise it's an okay skimmer.

For about the same amount of money, you could get an AquaC Urchin. 50 bucks more and you could get the pro version, which would be even better. The Urchins/Remoras are very popular and highly regarded by almost everyone.

Another option in the $200 area is a Euro-Reef ES5-2. The ES series was just released, and is $100 less than the original CS6 series. I ordered one and installed it earlier this month, and absolutely love it. It was a cinch to install, broke in within 10 days, and is now producing the nastiest, foulest goo i have ever seen a skimmer make. I would highly recommend this skimmer.

RobboT
01/14/2003, 09:55 PM
Second on the Euro . . . although if you try Jeff's Exotic Fish he carrys an alternative brand that gets you more bang for the buck.