PDA

View Full Version : where do i get a canopy

MattG
01/14/2003, 11:52 AM
im thinking about upgrading my lights to metal halide. its a 90 gallon tank that has pc's right now. where is a CHEAP place to buy a canopy that is tall enough to fit the mh lamps??? My tank stand is made from the black shiny wood so the canopy would need to match. all the canopys i see seem to be oak or something like that. i really dont want to make one myself unless im forced to......

any suggestions?

cj7jeep81
01/14/2003, 04:58 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to make one if you want it semi-cheap. All ready made ones (like aqua-spacelight and hamilton models) are much (like 2 times as much) more expensive than building your own. For a 90 you could get a dual ballast, reflector, and bulbs for around $350. Maybe another $50 to $100 for materials for the canopy. Then you could just paint it to match.

cj7jeep81
01/14/2003, 04:59 PM
I just re-read your post, and if you mean are there any places that just sell the canopy (without ballasts, reflector, etc.), I have no idea. I haven't found any.

Im Lon 2
01/14/2003, 05:22 PM
Do a search and see who as made there own, and if they have a pic of it, If you like it maybe you can talk them into building you one just the way you want it. Just I thought:cool:

I'm not sure if Reef Centeral will let people post to sell their DIY stuff.