PDA

View Full Version : 29 gallon

ScooterFan
01/13/2003, 12:48 PM
We have a 29 gallon that has 31 lbs of live rock and 40 lbs of live sand, about 15 hermit crabs and 15 snails and 2 scooter blennies and 1 Green Serpent Star and 2 cleaner shrimp, curious what other fish anyone would advise in getting to add a couple more fish, but can't decide since we are limited to size of the tank. Any suggestions that would get along with what fish/critters we already have? Also plan on getting corals after a few months any suggestions on that either?

Thanks!

slimytadpole
01/14/2003, 03:49 AM
A few more details on the tank would be helpful.

How old is that tank? What kind of lighting do you have? Is the live sand really sand, or crushed coral?

I wouldn't put more than 4 fish in a tank that size. I'd suggest a clownfish of some sort (no tank is complete without one :)) and one other fish like a royal gramma. Or mabye just a pair of clowns.

That green serpent star may be a problem down the road. The green ones seem to have a well earned reputation for devouring shrimp and fish.

As for corals, I would avoid most LPS. They can be difficult to frag, and many of them can grow to take up massive amounts of space in a matter of a year. I have a 29G, and will be upgrading the first opportunity I get, since I was stupid and went the LPS route. If this is your frst tank, you'll likely want to stick to polyps and soft corals.