PDA

View Full Version : Converting Wet/Dry into Sump/Refugium

MarkW
01/11/2003, 11:34 AM
I have a Amiracle MR-300 Wet/Dry filter. I plan to use the Berlin method so will be removing the media. I want a refugium and I'm wondering if anyone has tried converting the wet/dry part to a refugium of this or any other type of wet/dry filter. I have checked into possibly getting a new sump/refugium combination but have a lot of space limitations so am open to any ideas on DIY plans.

Just Fishing
01/11/2003, 07:53 PM
You should be able to convert it with no problem. Remove the bio ball and add a sand bed or live rock rubble or macro. Just make sure that if you increase the water level in the wet/dry make sure that when the powers out it want over flood. I did the same to a hang on wet/dry. I also made a sump out of a 10 gal aquarium. It cost about $20 to make for the sump itself.

BigDaddy
01/12/2003, 11:40 PM
I converted my CPR cy 194 into a refugium....I removed the floss, placed 6 inches of live sand in the floss area and planted Macro... had to just raise the water level a few inches.... i epoxyed an acrylic ledge next to the floss area and also hung a PC light on the side....it works great...