PDA

View Full Version : Fritz Turbo start 900

bori
01/11/2003, 01:48 AM
Hi again everyone,
Has anyone used this product (http://www.fritzpet.com/turbo900_main.html ) with good results?
I'm wondering if I should try it. I threw in 1/4lbs of shrimp in a bag to start a cycle & to weigh down my sand storm about 1 week before thanksgiving. I couldn't do any testing at the time because the milky water wouldn't let me read my test results. After the shrimp vanished I added 2 more pieces of shrimp (all gone now). About 2 weeks after the sand storm subsided I began testing the water. I never really got an ammonia spike(or maybe it spiked before I began testing) but my NO2 & NO3 are still 25+ & 50+ respectively. A guest speaker at the Brooklyn Aquarium Society meeting gave it a plug but said it was VERY expensive. Was wondering if it was worth the jump start or should I just wait it out? There's only a 4" DSB & about 15lbs. of dead rock in there now. Thanks. --Rob--

DgenR8
01/11/2003, 08:13 PM
Rob,
I've never used or even heard of the product, before last night anyway.
I'm not a fan of "miracles in a bottle" and I believe it would be a miracle if there was anything alive in that bottle by the time it got to you. One thing that really caught my ear was that this stuff has to be refrigerated, I wonder if it's trucked to the LFS by a seperate, refrigerated truck, as opposed to the truck that delivers everything else to the store. What about the temp. change from refrigerated, to an 80+* reef? Seems to me that anything alive in the bottle would be killed by such a drastic temp change. These are just my thoughts, I have no first hand experience with THIS product, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

bori
01/12/2003, 12:56 AM
You bring up some solid points Larry. I guess I'm looking for a quick fix in a bottle. I guess I just have to keep repeating to myself...patience,patience,patience :rolleyes: Thanks--Rob--