PDA

View Full Version : Trigger and DSB

seqcgr
01/10/2003, 06:43 PM
I have a 2 month old FOWLR 300 gallon aquarium with a DSB. My trigger loves it and is constantly sifting through it making a real mess, the tank is constantly cloudy. The way I see it I have a few options to fix this problem;

1. Remove the trigger (really dont want to)
2. Move the sand to a sump
3. Add a magnum style canister filter to clear up cloudy water(?)
4. Add large coral rubble over the sand to keep fish from sifting through it(?)

I'm a DSB newbie and would appreciate some input.
Thanx!

ReefGeekster
01/11/2003, 03:15 AM
I'd add coral rubble to the top of the sand bed, my trigger loves to pick up rubble/shells and put it elsewhere in the tank, keeps him busy too.

figuerres
01/11/2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by seqcgr
I have a 2 month old FOWLR 300 gallon aquarium with a DSB. My trigger loves it and is constantly sifting through it making a real mess, the tank is constantly cloudy. The way I see it I have a few options to fix this problem;

1. Remove the trigger (really dont want to)
2. Move the sand to a sump
3. Add a magnum style canister filter to clear up cloudy water(?)
4. Add large coral rubble over the sand to keep fish from sifting through it(?)

I'm a DSB newbie and would appreciate some input.
Thanx!

I would start a DSB in a large fuge / sump and add some rubble on the top of the one in your tank....

he will keep picking at it and will probably keep it to messed up for it to do a real good job of providing many of the worms and things you could have there.....

figure he is like a steam shovel attacking a landscape, the land will be there but not the grass and shrubs :(

seqcgr
01/11/2003, 02:58 PM
Thanx for the help. I already have a dsb in a small sump so I think I will try the coral rubbel over the sanbed. Good thing I have a deep tank!:)

Ragin
01/12/2003, 12:22 AM
Keep us posted on the result.